Dr. Reinlieb will develop a detailed and tailored plan for individuals with dementia and their families to help them tackle the effects of the illness.
- Conduct neuropsychological evaluation to determine functioning of memory and other thinking abilities
- Develop and implement a personalized action plan:
- Optimize home environment for patient safety and autonomy
- Determine best living situation, caregiver requirements, transportation needs, etc.
- Help caregivers problem-solve difficult situations
- Strategize for the future
- Provide psychotherapy as needed
- Improve quality of life for individual and family
- Reduce workload for caregivers
- Maintain autonomy for individual with dementia
- Ensure safety in the home now and as the disease progresses
- Effectively manage daily activities including driving, medications, cooking, finances
- Assess for and treat depression, anxiety, and other psychiatric symptoms
- Future planning including healthcare decisions and financial management